- Fixed issues with latest Windows 10 software update.
- Fixed issues with xmp metadata.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 12/2/2015
- Fixed Facebook uploads to work with the new Facebook API.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 11/27/2015
- Added the ability to show filename in the full screen and slideshow.
- Fixed problems with not displaying xmp metadata when it is the only metadata.
- Improved rotating many photos at once when importing from a watch folder.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 10/27/2014
- Improved generating of the image CRC on startup.
- Fixed problems with updating EXIF for RAF files.
- Fixed problems with changing the rating in the Picture Properties panel
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 7/23/2014
- Fixed problems when saving an edited watch folder.
- Changed the manage photo library dialog to not show deleted watch folders.
- Displaying pdfs now works with the new version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader.
- Fixed problems displaying a pdf in the preview window.
- Added warning message when displaying a pdf that is in use by another application.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 3/12/2014
- Fixed problems with slow start up the first time FotoAlbum is launched.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 2/24/2014
- If a new picture is added to a watch folder the photo is automatically rotated based on the photo's rotate flag.
- Fixed problems with creating a slideshow with a large number of photos.
- Fixed problems with losing album order when dragging a sub-album to make it an album.
- Fixed problems with losing pictures when dragging a sub-album to make it an album.
- Improved upload to Facebook functionality so that you don't have to approve the photos after you have uploaded them.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 9/5/2013
- Fixed problems with managing and viewing RAW files when the Microsoft Windows codec is installed.
- Fixed problems with the video indicator not showing on the thumbnails for all types of video.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 8/6/2013
- Fixed problem with syncing and saving downloaded photos to a watch folder.
- Made right and left arrows work in the standalone slideshow.
- Added the ability to pause the standalone slideshow and manually step through the photos.
- Added the ability to pause the standalone slideshow by pressing the letter p
- If you have show captions turned on, the standalone slideshow will show the number and filename.
- Fixed problems with the font size configuration not being applied to the standalone slideshow.
- Fixed problems with doing several rotations of a photo very quickly.
- Fixed problems with loading the album/keyword/date tree on startup.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 6/6/2013
- Fixed refreshing of batches when returning from editing your preferences.
- Fixed problems with saving the gps location when you have mulitple pictures selected.
- Added a display range option to saved locations so when you click on a saved location you can see the photos "close" to the saved location point.
- Fixed problems in the filter dialog when filtering by gps locations.
- Fixed problems with editing a saved location by right clicking on it.
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 3/21/2013
- Fixed problem with data not loading when starting in Explorer mode and switching to My Photos mode.
- Fixed problems with saving EXIF data.
- Fixed problems with searching/filtering by decimal exif data.
- Improved displaying of raw photos that use Wic codecs.
- Fixed problems with exporting and syncing album names to folders that contained invalid folder characters.
- Improved memory management and memory allocation when building thumbnails.
- Improved the performance when shutting down FotoAlbum.
- Added faces data in the metadata XMP section.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 12/26/2012
- Fixed problem with the cursor in the caption and keywords field jumping around on the Picture Properties pane.
- Display maker notes for the Exif metadata.
- Allow filtering by maker notes.
- Fixed problem with Duplicate Picture Finder when changing the master photo.
- Improved performance with refreshing smart albums.
- Fixed problem in Batch Rename when using a Sequence tag.
- Fixed problems with generating thumbnails that previously errored out.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 9/22/2012
- Improved start up performance.
- Made dates before 1700 work.
- Fixed errors in the Duplicate Picture Finder feature.
- Fixed metadata updating errors for photos with an embedded jpeg.
- Fixed problems with trying to rotate photos that can't be rotated on import.
- Fixed problems when importing from a WIA device and not using the Import preferences.
- Fixed problems with using a hidden photo for a sub-album thumbnail.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 8/20/2012
- Fixed keyword sort problem when updating keyword tree from an EXIF import.
- Fixed sync problems with updating just metadata on a photo.
- Fixed problems with generating metadata for large photos.
- Fixed problems with screen saver.
- Fixed problems with importing settings from version 6.0.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 7/13/2012
- Improved Duplicate Picture finder which will now find duplicates by exact match, image match, filesize, filename and date.
- Added support for Apple Photo streams for easy importing and exporting of photos to your iPhone and iPad devices. Use the "File->Send->Configure Apple PhotoStreams" menu option to configure your computer to work with this option.
- Remembers how album tree nodes were expanded when FotoAlbum is closed.
- Added more crop sizes.
- Added more print sizes.
- Fixed problems with watch folders not populated when switching libraries.
- Fixed problems with importing a picture date from an image.
- Fixed problems with geographical data getting removed when a video's thumbnail is rebuilt.
- Fixed problems with new pictures copied to a watch folder not getting added to a batch.
- Fixed sorting problems when a new batch is added.
- Fixed problems with FotoAlbum running against a remote SQL Server database.
- Fixed problems when updating the library when an existing picture's metadata has changed.
- Fixed problems with a picture's published state not getting saved when the FotoSync retrieves a photo from the web.
- Fixed problems when saving an edited photo.
- Fixed problems with the Print Contact Sheet locking up.
- When switching between photo views the scroll bar position is now remembered.
- The Export to Html feature now uses relative paths instead of static paths so that you can copy the files to different folders and the html will still display.
- Fixed problems with a new remote device folder not working if it contained photos.
- Offline watch folders represented with a better graphical icon.
- Fixed problems with deleting an offline watch folder from the Watch Folder tree.
- Fixed problems with offline watch folders scanning an entire drive.
- Improved the handling of watch folders when a library was copied to a new computer. User does not have to add the watch folders back to FotoAlbum.
- Fixed problems with saving metadata on the full screen.
- Remembers how smart albums, batches, dates and keywords were expanded when FotoAlbum is closed.
- Fixed display problems when a picture's metadata is updated while FotoAlbum is not running.
- Fixed problems with removing an offline watch folder.
- Fixed problem with clearing the geographical location when changing properties for multiple pictures.
- Fixed problem when importing a file from wia in a different file format than the native format, now uses the correct extension when saving.
- Improved the device settings by adding a "Native" option for filetype which allows a user to get the original image off of the device.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 4/9/2012
- Improved loading of photos, videos and documents at startup.
- Fixed issues with syncing duplicate albums with the web.
- Video and PDF metadata are now displayed in the Picture Properties pane.
- Fixed problems with dates earlier than September 1847.
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 4/5/2012
- Enhanced the xmp faces parsing to work with foreign computer configurations where decimal point is not a period.
- Fixed a bug in xmp generation for faces to properly specify x and y coordinates.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 2/17/2012
- Fixed problems with the Manage Photo Library dialog working with 6.0 libraries.
- Fixed problems deleting a library from the Manage Photo Library dialog.
- Fixed Manage Photo Library dialog to show the path for the built-in FotoAlbum library instead of the library name.
- Improved the Export wizard to use the Selected Pictures or Selected Albums option by default.
- Fixed problems with caption when the caption contained a '&'
- Improved memory performance when running on a 64 bit operating system.
- Improved the peformance when changing the metadata of a photo.
- Improved pdf thumbnail creation.
- Added support for international character input keys.
- Made the select keywords dialog taller.
- Fixed problem with the album tree not updating when viewing the Pictures Properties pane.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 2/7/2012
- Improved PDF thumbnail generation.
- Added support of non-standard PDFs.
- Fixed problems with generating 30 day trail of Pro features.
- Fixed problems with syncing photos from the web back to the PC that had been removed from FotoAlbum.
- Fixed problem with empty fields when setting a filter for some conditions.
- Improved the logic to determine where a picture should be copied on a PCs hard drive when syncing back from the web.
- Improved FotoSync to use less memory.
- Enhanced picture properties and multiple picture properties pane to auto expand/decrease caption, text and keyword fields when enlarging/descreasing the screen.
- Improved the load speed when going to the device view.
- Fixed the Manage Photo Library dialog to show the correct watch folders in a library.
- Improved the performance of the Export dialogs when exporting to a folder and exporting to html.
- Enhanced the Send To Facebook function to work from the Explorer View.
- Added "Show Photos in Selected Album" menuitem in the View menu so that a user can easily switch between showing pictures collectively and showing only what is in the selected album.
- Fixed problem when adding a new album and the album type was not getting set correctly to Auto.
- Enhanced the FotoSync to not upload/download a picture if the picture was just moved to another album.
- Enhanced the maps to refresh when changing the "Show Photos in Selected Album" preference.
- Fixed the sync process to update the metadata for a photo on the web using the same rules that FotoAlbum uses when updating metadata.
- Added ability to copy metadata to the clipboard from the picture properties pane.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 1/26/2012
- Increased the size of the keywords field on the picture properties pane.
- Fixed memory problems when doing a FotoSync.
- Improved performance and reliability when an album has thousands of mapped photos.
- Improved album tree and picture properties refresh after a watch folder scan.
- Fixed scrolling issues in album tree when restoring the selection a user was the last time FotoAlbum was closed.
- Improved handling of removing a photo from a watch folder and adding it back.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 1/17/2012
- Improved performance for mapping.
- Fixed memory issues with the remote device sync.
- Improved performance on startup with shared libraries.
- Fixed issues with the contact sheet printing.
- Fixed issues with displaying the print contact sheet preview.
- Fixed crashes when using the print contact sheet
- Fixed problems with the library backup not working.
- Handled the deleting and adding back of a deleted photo better.
- Added the ability to enter a multi-line caption when changing the captions for multiple photos.
- Fixed the Album description dialog not to close when hitting the enter key when editing an album description.
- Fixed issues when displaying an albums thumbnails.
- Fixed font color for album descriptions that display above the thumbnails.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 12/22/2011
- Send photos to Facebook
- Manage and view PDF files as well as syncing them to your online web account
- Export pictures to html
- Print single and multipage contact sheet of your thumnbails. Includes option for captions, keywords, filenames, etc.
- Use Microsoft SQL Server database to store your albums, captions, keywords, etc.
- Rename and delete keywords by right clicking on the keyword in the tree.
- Date tree now shows and allows you to filter by the day
- Improved metadata search
- Added more compression reduce amount values and sizes
- Made the compression drop downs consistent every where they are used
- When syncing and only have metdata changes then only the changes will be synced and the photo doesn't have to be uploaded
- Sub-Albums are shown along with the thumbnails
- Album description now displayed above thumbnails and can be clicked to add a description or edit a description.
- If you delete a watch folder and move the photos to another watch folder, you will not lose your albums, captions, locations, etc.
- Fixed bug when adding a photo to albums using the Properties Panel. If you added a photo to an album and then went to the album the photo would not show up.
- Fixed problems when syncing and you had no watch folders or your watch folders had been deleted.
- If you are on a watch folder and exit FotoAlbum then it will remember the watch folder you are on when you run FotoAlbum the next time.
- Handles offline watch folders better. Will show you when you have a watch folder that no longer exists.
- Add option in watch folder configuration to ignore hidden folders.
- Fixed bug When making a FotoCD, if you select an album, it puts empty groups for the album on the FotoCD when there is no need to do so .
- If you don't have a fototime user setup you can still launch the View Web feature. It will just ask you for your FotoTime user information.
- Fixed bug in View menu. If you are viewing the picture properties panel it will show a check in the View Picture Properties menuitem
- Improved speed when setting up your FotoTime web account
- Improved validation of watch folders when adding new watch folders
- When creating a CD the photos are written to the CD based on the photos sort order. This way when viewing the CD the photos are in the correct order
- When importing photos if you specify an album to import to and are using the tag in your file location the correct album will be used
- Fixed bug with slideshow music not working
- If you have Auto Update Exif turned off and turn it on, any outstanding exif updates are done without having to restart fotoalbum.
- Fixed bug. If you had the same music file for different albums when creating a CD this caused problems.
- Fixed bug. When reducing the files there were problems with duplicate file names. For example, if you had two identical filenames with different extensions when those files got reduced they ended up having the same filename and errors happened.
- Added all the full screen Display preferences to the popup menu under toolbars
- Fixed bug - When trying to share a library a check was made to make sure all watch folders in the library were shared even the deleted ones. Fixed bug to ignore deleted watch folders
- Fixed sync bug the sync status screen was not showing the right number of pictures sent or get if the apply web changes or apply pc changes checkboxes were not checked.
- Sort backup listings in order of the most recent date to the least recent date
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 9/13/2010
- Fixed problems with restoring of photo library.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 6/18/2010
- Enhanced Raw support when using WIC codecs so that FotoAlbum auto-scans your system for installed WIC codecs and pre-fills the file extension option in preferences.
- Fixed metadata update problem that was caused when trying to update metadata for Nikon NEF images.
- Fixed problem with New indicator when importing photos and videos from a device.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 3/24/2010
- Enhanced the photo date timeline to handle a large amount of dates and years.
- Added support for WIC (Windows Imaging Component) codecs to read and view raw files not directly supported with FotoAlbum.
- Added preference that allows you to specify file extensions that you want WIC to decode.
- Fixed problems in the remote device sync.
- Fixed problems associated with importing data from FotoAlbum 5.0.
- Fixed problems with Windows 7 and emailing photos from FotoAlbum.
- Fixed problems with updating EXIF/IPTC metadata.
- Fixed problems in the exporting pictures and albums feature.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 10/1/2009
- The date bar/photo timeline is back by popular demand. Just choose the "Show Photo Timeline" from the View menu to bring it back.
- Added more tags that can be used when using the Batch Rename. The additional tags are caption, copyright, camera type, camera model and author.
- Fixed bug in the FotoCD feature so it no longer puts empty albums on the CD.
- The sort order is remembered on the Explorer View when you exit FotoAlbum.
- Fixed bugs syncing to a remote device with a manual sort order.
- Added option to display keywords beneath the thumbnails.
- Added preference to always add new albums to the top of the album list.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 3/18/2009
- Fixes problems some users are experiencing with un-needed continous scans of watch folders.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 2/3/2009
- Fixed bug when using the rename option the in the manage photo libraries dialog.
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 1/28/2009
- Fixed error problem in install caused by installing wiaaut.dll in Vista.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 12/26/2008
- Fixed problems with configured tools showing up in the right click context menu multiple times.
- Enhanced the removable device sync in from the device view so that you could sync with individual sub-albums only without sycning the parent album.
- Enhanced the explorer view so that it automatically detects changes to photos and rebuilds thumbnails as necessary, eliminating the need to manually rebuild (ctrl-alt-u).
- Enhanced the up/down arrows used to re-order albums and sub-albums so that when re-ordering sub-albums, when a sub-album reaches the bottom, it wraps around to the top.
- Added support for the new Panasonic RAW RW2 file format.
- Fixed bug in the "Create Slideshow" option that caused the captions to not display properly even when the display captions option was selected.
- Fixed a bug in the drag and drop of videos onto gps saved locations.
- Added support for updating metadata in tiff and jpeg2000 files. Also fixed problems caused when trying to update metadata for filetypes that don't support metadata (aka png).
- Added support for saving the photo star ratings in xmp in the microsoft name space making ratings more compatible with Vista.
- Added wiaaut.dll to FotoAlbum installation program fixing problems with disabled "Print with XP Wizard" menu option.
- Fixed time zone bias problems for pictures that don't have embedded data in metadata (when using operating system file dates).
- Fixed problem with duplicate temporary filenames when using the PUT upload method in FotoSync.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 7/2/2008
- Add ability to control order of XMP date importing (and changed default import order)
- Fixed problem updating metadata on TIFF's and other formats.
- Fixed problem with CD/DVD Writer Pro
- Fixed problem adding sub-albums (name would appear blank)
- Adding the retaining of last folder viewed in the Explorer view.
- Improved the copy/paste functionality
- Fixed a problem with the rename wizard adding #'s to filenames.
- Improved FotoCD creation to only put selected albums onto CD.
- Improved support for A4 and other paper sizes.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 5/9/2008
- Fixed problem with multi-word keywords in the keyword tree.
- Fixed problems dealing with XMP dates (timezone issues)
- Fixed problems with FotoSync when trying to update images on the PC, as well as other FotoSync issues.
- Improved scrollbar positioning (retains position better)
- Fixed problems with adding/renaming folders in the watch folders tree.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 4/30/2008
- Fixed several FotoSync issues (causing improper update direction).
- Fixed removing of saved locations.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 4/12/2008
- Added ability to save FotoCD files to a specified path.
- Added new popup menu option on watch folders to allow easy creation of albums to match folders.
- Fixed Rename Wizard and Device Sync Wizard to create filenames that match album sequence.
- Fixed several import and export issues including not being able to select sub-albums.
- Added new Index Maintenance option to remove empty batches.
- Fixed problem adding keywords if auto-update of metadata was turned off.
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 4/2/2008
- Fixed problems dealing with duplicate filenames
- Fixed problems upgrading from 5.x (requiring extra FotoSync's)
- Fixed errors when trying to update metadata for non-Jpeg's.
- Fixed problems with the display of dates because of Timezone (and XMP date issues).
- Changed default back to creating/updating IPTC
- Fixed problem with videos larger than 2GB.
- Fixed problem building video thumbnails
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 3/12/2008
- Improved thumbnail generation to handle problems with videos.
- Improved metadata compatibility with Adobe products (import/export of description).
- Fixed saving of external tools.
- Fixed issues with keywords that had "," in them.
- Added indicator if watch folder is offline.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 3/6/2008
- Added XMP metadata support (used by Vista and Adobe)
- Offline watch folders are now displayed with a different indicator.
- Fixed problem with keywords being lost during upgrade if metadata was not current.
- Fixed problem with importing 5.x data (when adding watch folders)
- Fixed problem with export wizard (when trying to save with same folder structure).
- Improved shared watch folders.
- Fixed problem when trying to make changes to ratings, etc. on the full screen viewer.
- Fixed UTF-8 upgrade problem dealing with saved locations.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 2/26/2008
- Improved support for extended characters (SQLite database is now saved in UTF-8)
- Added new wizard to help share photo libraries (File->Photo Libraries->Setup or connect...
- Added ability to specify whether backup files are saved for each watch folder.
- Improved install process to better handle Vista.
- Fixed problem with archive information not importing from 5.x data.
- Fixed problem with FotoCD's not working when trying to display full sized images.
- Startup of FotoAlbum retains state of expanded nodes.
- Several other minor bug fixes.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 2/6/2008
- Added ability to save import settings (at the preference and device levels)
- Fixed problem with map view errors.
- Fixed album ordering problems with FotoSync
- Fixed quick filter using camera model.
- Improved New indicators on the Device view.
- Added back the rotate button on the print dialog.
- Several other bug fixes and performance improvements.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 1/31/2008
- Note: This update should be installed by any 6.0 users.
- Fixed problem scanning for files.
- Fixed auto-keyword and multi-word keyword issues.
- Fixed problem with evaluation Activation ID's.
- Fixed problems with Device syncing (including iPods)
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 1/30/2008
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Fixed several problems dealing with multi-word keywords.
- Fixed startup error with certain languages.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 1/27/2008
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 4/5/2007
- Fixed problem with shutdown on certain systems.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 4/3/2007
- Added support for newer iPods (2nd Gen Nano and newer firmware)
- Fixed several drag/drop issues.
- Fixed auto-backup of images from full screen viewer.
- Fixed printing problems with certain printer drivers.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 2/27/2007
- Added support for Microsoft Vista
- Added support for all major RAW formats.
- Improved Explorer view to better handle Unicode languages.
- Fixed problem with FotoCD creation.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 10/25/2006
- Added free (limited feature) mode.
- Improved picture properties when in FotoCD mode.
- Fixed cursor problem with red-eye removal.
- Fixed problem losing dates when selecting video frame.
- Fixed problem with batch rename (background tasks)
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 9/4/2006
- Added ability to auto-rotate during import
- Added random playing during slideshow
- Improved "New" indicators to handle edited/rotated images
- Improved focus and position logic
- Fixed problem with captions not appearing due to color (reset color prefs)
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 8/5/2006
- Several improvements to slideshow including ability to launch from TaskBar.
- Additional preferences to control slideshow.
- Fixed problem with captions always appearing on full screen.
- Added ability for screen saver to work from smart albums.
- Improved mouse wheel behaviour on thumbnails.
- Improved cursor positioning after changing sort order.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 7/23/2006
- Added ability to e-mail from full screen viewer.
- Fixed area selection for zoom and cropping.
- Improved scrollbars on full screen viewer.
- Fixed problem re-ordering groups within albums.
- Fixed problem with red-eye removal cursor.
- Improved rebuilding of smart albums with published groups.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 7/16/2006
- Changed imaging DLL to work without registering ActiveX
- Improved U3 support to work in guest mode.
- Improved FotoCD's to not require installation of ActiveX control (more reliable).
- Numerous fixes to iPod photo syncing including sort order fix and display of picture date.
- Fixed problem removing album from filter.
- Several fixes for screen saver.
- Fixed problem creating FotoCD's
- Improved international keyboard support.
- Fixed filter issue with EXIF rotation values.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 5/31/2006
- Fixed problem sending images with e-mail.
- Improved logic for building video thumbnails and added poster frame support.
- Improved keyboard navigation on full screen viewer (focus issues).
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 5/25/2006
- Added ability to display caption below picture.
- Fixed shortcuts for cut/copy/paste on thumbview and full screen viewer.
- Added several missing shortcuts on Full screen viewer.
- Added scrollbars to caption, comment and keywords.
- Fixed problem with Export Wizard and FotoCD (keyword smart albums).
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 5/17/2006
- Added wrapping support when moving albums up/down
- Added back arrow keys for scrolling on the full screen viewer.
- Improved new Picture Taskbar and Object inspector with large fonts.
- Fixed problem with Device view not saving changes for scanned images.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 5/15/2006
- Added picture object panel and multi-picture panel to replace Picture Property dialogs.
- Added picture taskbar.
- Added new picture fields (Comment, Author and Copyright)
- Added option to specify external editor (Tool preferences)
- Fixed problem dragging pictures with Ctrl key held down.
- Fixed problem where dragging pictures would not remove auto-keywords.
- Improved WIA importing to use metadata date for naming and picture date.
- Fixed batch rename on explorer view and F10 for unselecting.
- Improved import wizard to allow importing from current picture folder (to create albums to match folders).
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 4/11/2006
- Added auto keyword support (keywords associated with albums and groups)
- Added support for updating EXIF/IPTC on Tiff files.
- Improved iPod support for large # of images (> 4,000)
- Added internal support for Nikon NEF raw files.
- Fixed problem with rotated images not FotoSync'ing correctly.
- Improved EXIF/IPTC updates (done in the background).
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 3/9/2006
- Added support for U3 Smart devices.
- Several improvements with device backup syncing.
- Fixed problem with Delete key on the Album tree.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 2/14/2006
- Improved EXIF re-writing to retain Maker Notes.
- Fixed problem creating initial thumbnails with low memory.
- Several improvements to the Device Sync capability.
- Fixed problem with Picture Detail screen (List and tree of albums).
- Fixed problem saving away groups with export wizard, create CD and archiving.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 1/26/2006
- Added Batch Rename capability ("File->Batch Rename").
- Added ability to remove picture from current album in the Full Screen viewer.
- Fixed problem syncing photos to iPod's (thumbnail mismatch).
- Improved display on picture properties (album list shows entire album/path).
- Added support for Mpeg4 (*.mp4) viewing.
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 1/16/2006
- Added ability to quickly select albums for creating FotoCD's, archiving and exporting.
- Added ability to sync directly to another picture folder (using Remote Device syncing).
- Fixed quick assigning of keywords (single words).
- Fixed new indicator on device view.
- Fixed problem displaying wrong thumbnail when exiting Full Screen viewer.
- Fixed problem saving groups onto FotoCD's.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 1/5/2006
- Added support for 16x9 and 3.5x5 cropping ratios.
- Added ability to copy/paste filenames, path, ID's, etc from Picture Properties.
- Improved reliabilty of "New" indicators on the Device view.
- Fixed problem with albums not appearing after a clean install.
- Improved multi-word keyword support in the Quick Assign feature.
- Fixed thumbnail display problems including when deleting from the full screen viewer.
- Improved lossless rotation logic to retain the original filedate.
- Improved device backup logic to retain original paths.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 12/19/2005
- Numerous performance improvements .. startup with large # of albums, scrolling, etc.
- Added ability to add albums at the top (new preference).
- Fixed problem when rebuilding all thumbnails.
- Improved logic detecting "New" files on the device view.
- Fixed problem when scrolling between pictures and videos.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 11/27/2005
- Fixed problem that created *.tmp files when rotating images.
- Improved performance of smart albums that have grouping by keywords.
- Added ability to have multi-word keywords (Use double-quotes around words).
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 11/24/2005
- Fixed problem with filters with selecting groups (including during creation of FotoCD's)
- Fixed problem with Quick Editing (Changing selected album/group would cause loss of edits).
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 11/17/2005
- Added remote device support (Allowing backup and display syncing to local or network locations)
- Improved performance for defining filters with large numbers of albums.
- Fixed problem sequencing images on the All View.
- Improved lossless rotation to maintain NTFS permissions.
- Numerous other minor bug fixes.
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 11/3/2005
- Added ability to select/unselect images in Quick Edit using the space bar.
- Fixed problem with selecting just groups in the Create CD, Archiving, FotoShow features.
- Fixed problem with losing album selections on the picture properties dialog.
- Fixed problems with filename reuse on devices.
- Several other minor improvements and bug fixes.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 10/25/2005
- Fixed problem dragging or copying images in the Explore view.
- Improved cut/copy/paste to make it work 100% like Windows Explorer.
- Improved filename format functionality for devices and . Generic devices now use to control display order.
- Added check to prevent attempts at reordering pictures in Smart Albums.
- Improved dateline selection to work correctly if a filter is already active.
- Added support for PgUp/PgDown in the Picture Properties dialog.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 10/19/2005
- Added support for the new iPod Video
- Fixed several problems with keywords and retain case of keywords entered.
- Numerous performance improvements including entering, exiting the picture properties dialog and next/previous on picture proeprties.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 10/17/2005
- Added ability to filter with "Keywords has none of ..." and other keyword options.
- Added ability to show keywords with tooltips.
- Added support for JPE files (Jpegs)
- Improved new indicator on Device View (handles rotated images)
- Several minor improvements/bug fixes on the Device View.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 10/15/2005
- Added ability to assign ratings using the Quick Edit feature.
- Fixed several display issues with large fonts.
- Fixed time-entry with regions that do not use ":".
- Several other minor bug fixes.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 10/12/2005
- Added ability to adjust dates/times on pictures (Multi-Picture Properties dialog)
- Added image drag capability using left-mouse on Full Screen viewer
- Added prompt to describe auto-update feature.
- Sped up the album and group filtering (saved smart albums will lose album/group assignments)
- Fixed problems saving thumbnail sizes and smart albums referring to picture dates.
- Fixed problem where rating would be lost if thumbnail was rebuilt.
- Improved quick search to not slow down typing.
- Fixed problem with removing keywords (removed partial strings)
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 10/7/2005
- Added Smart Albums that allow dynamic album support.
- Added complex filter support including ability for unlimited conditions and multiple album filtering.
- Added Backup and Display device syncing including support for Ipod's, PSP's and other handheld devices.
- Added Device Import Wizard that makes importing images from devices easier and faster.
- Added Quick Search (at the top menu bar) making quick searches by text strings fast.
- Improved look of thumbnails, colors and other cosmetic improvements.
- Improved EXIF updating and image rotation to maintain file dates.
- Added ability to control which albums appear at the top (as a button).
- Devices now display the subfolders (and albums on FotoCD's) allowing greater control over the import process.
- Added the ability to control whether thumbnails are built with Lanczos (improves appearance of thumbnails)
- Added E-Mail wizard that has improved MAPI and SMTP support.
- Numerous other bug fixes and improvements.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 5/25/2005
- Improved Import Wizard to prevent duplication of albums and files.
- Fixed problem with picture dates being cleared on pictures outside the picture folder.
- Fixed display problem with screen sizes smaller than 1024x768.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 5/11/2005
- Improved video support and added ability to view Real Networks Videos
- Fixed problem with red-eye removal on certain images.
- Improved minor layout problems on Full Screen Viewer.
- Fixed several minor bugs to improve stability.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 4/12/2005
- Fixed problem with 2-phase display.
- Changed location of toolbar on the full screen viewer.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 3/30/2005
- Improved rendering logic to display quickly with smoothing enabled.
- Improved IPTC and EXIF exporting to auto-create headers as needed.
- Improved download reliability on the Import Wizard.
- Fixed duplicate shortcut issue (Ctrl-Q).
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 3/16/2005
- Added ability to sort albums.
- Added ability to drag albums into other albums and groups out of albums.
- Improved sync retry capabilities.
- Fixed problem saving ratings with IPTC.
- Fixed problem with Image Operations (memory leak).
- Improved keyword history to ignore deleted entries.
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 2/7/2005
- Added ability to sort by rating.
- Added ability to perform an archive restore from a FotoCD.
- Added display and setting of rating from the full screen (and shortcut keys work .. Alt-0 -> Alt-5).
- Added support for importing and exporting of rating values (to CSV and XML formats).
- Improved full screen viewer (does not advance caption and file information until image is fully displayed).
- Fixed problem with importing folder structure (would not sync properly afterwards).
- Added shortcuts to full screen viewer for flip horizontal and vertical.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 1/28/2005
- Added saving of ratings into IPTC metadata.
- Added shortcuts rating settings (Alt-0 -> Alt-5)
- Fixed problem with Escape key on picture properties dialog.
- Fixed key entry problem on full screen viewer.
- Added menu item to return to the All view.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 1/20/2005
- Added support for Adobe Digital Negative (DNG) file format.
- Improved performance of Picture Properties dialog (with new Album Tree)
- Fixed problem with rotating images on the Full Screen (thumbnails would not rebuild).
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 1/17/2005
- Improved video support (Added support for additional types)
- Fix problems with auto-rotation using EXIF.
- Fixed random problem with Picture Properties dialog.
- Improved lossless rotation support in the Image Operations feature.
- Fixed lossless rotation to clear EXIF orientation flag.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 1/14/2005
- Added new bulk operation and image conversion capability (Edit->Image operations)
- Added album tree to the Image Properties dialog allowing easy selection of albums.
- Improved zooming in full screen viewer and editor.
- Saves away current filter when exiting FotoAlbum. Uses same values when restarts.
- Added new preference to allow auto-rotation of images based upon EXIF orientation flag.
- Added filter to search for images needing rotation and new Image Operations feature allows quick auto-correction.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 12/27/2004
- Added picture ratings. Allows you to easily organize images based upon familiar 5-star system.
- Added new control on FotoCD's for startup Album.
- Added support for display/editing of seconds in picture datetime.
- Added manual zoom option on full screen viewer and editor which allows quick zoom into certain portion of image.
- Added support for Canon CR2 (Raw) file types.
- Added F9 support (Add To Album) from the Full screen viewer.
- Fixed several problems on device view (including new indicators not always working correctly).
- Added ability to control display of filename extensions below thumbnails using thumbnail display settings.
- Fixed account status display problem (video subscription information).
- Added ability to clear EXIF and IPTC datetimes.
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 11/22/2004
- Fixed manual sequencing of pictures in the All view.
- Added re-ordering of picture sequence in the index maintenance option.
- Be sure to look at what is in 4.6
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 11/20/2004
- Improved red-eye removal.
- Enhanced image editor (improved UI and undo logic).
- Add preference to control compression level when saving edited images.
- Added saving of script for font in caption preferences.
- Added support for 4:3 cropping ratio.
- Added options to index maintenance for sync option.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 10/14/2004
- Added ability to use certificates when ordering.
- Fixed problem with the "New" indicator on the device view.
- Added ability to order prints with FotoPerfect enhancement.
- Added support for 640x480 Quicktime movies.
- Fixed problem with keyword history not always being updated correctly.
- Fixed FotoSync problem where albums weren't always ordered correctly.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 9/30/2004
- Added new Quick Assign feature (quick way to add images to albums and keywords)
- Improved drop-down and popup menus to work more logically.
- Fixed problem saving custom views with archived filter settings.
- Fixed several minor problems with image editor.
- Fixed rare sync problem where it would fail to download image if thumbnail was missing.
- Fixed bug in 188.8.131.52 (Add To not working)
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 9/12/2004
- Added new Create Slideshow capability (creates stand-alone EXE).
- Made cursor keys and PgUp/Down keys control image selection.
- Fixed EXIF updating to not cause loss of thumbnail
- Added ability to order glossy/matte of the same image.
- Improved slideshow to not advance until videos finish playing.
- Fixed problem with certain Raw images being displayed in wrong colors (MRW file types).
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 8/27/2004
- Added ability to display captions beneath thumbnails (customizing thumbnails).
- CD's and DVD's now appear in the Device view
- Fixed shopping from FotoAlbum using Proxies.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 8/26/2004
- Added support for direct import from WIA cameras and scanners.
- Added ability for direct import from removable media when inserted.
- Fixed GPF on EXIF pref screen.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 8/20/2004
- Added ICC color profile support (must enable preference to use)
- Improved date ordering using file modification and file creation dates (a lot of changes dealing with non-dated pictures)
- Improved handling of erroneous EXIF/IPTC (caused bad captions)
- Greatly improved display of captions in FotoShows (more options as well)
- Fixed several problems with incorrect thumbnails displaying (not refreshing) on Device View and Explore View.
- Fixed problem with drag/drop not using replace dialog correctly.
- Changed display of filenames below thumbnails to not display extensions.
- Added ability to crop images using both portrait and landscape layouts.
- Several minor bug fixes and tweaks.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 7/29/2004
- Added support for WIA devices under the Device View (adds support for a lot of cameras)
- Fix problem dragging pictures when sort order was set descending.
- Added a preference on whether to auto-backup files when auto-updating EXIF/IPTC.
- Fixed problem with screen saver prefs (not displaying album tree).
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 7/24/2004
- Added extra prefs to control captions for both albums and pictures.
- Fixed problem with fixed height on picture captions.
- Fixed menu item problem with XP Print wizard
- Be sure to check out all the major enhancements added in 184.108.40.206 !
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 7/23/2004
- Added support for HTML in album and picture captions. Also added a lot of control over how captions are displayed (Prefs).
- Added display of all IPTC data in images and improved EXIF display on the picture properties dialog.
- Added a lot of new capabilities with EXIF and IPTC importing/exporting. Look at new Prefs screen.
- Fixed problem with focus when leaving the full screen viewer (thumbnails would not have focus correctly).
- Fixed problem with 2-way sync (cancelling out of downloading image would leave corrupted JPEG image).
- Improved appearance and layout of preference dialog.
- Fixed problem with allowing of editing multiple pictures outside picture folder.
- Added new "Print using XP Print wizard" feature.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 7/15/2004
- Enhanced display of captions on full screen viewer (new pref to control size/color/etc)
- Fixed problem in Explore view where files would disappear until F5 was used.
- Fixed sync problem where incorrect album(s) were removed from PC.
- Improved updating of EXIF to be more compliant.
- Fixed Export Wizard problem with selected images.
- Improved display of file sizes with compressed images during FotoSync.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 7/9/2004
- Enhanced image editor (manual adjustments are faster)
- Added hue adjustment to image editor.
- Added option to auto-save images when launching tools.
- Improved RAW image support (requires install of new RAW image setup).
- Fixed problem with explorer view not showing images on desktop.
- Fixed several minor bugs with shopping (including problem with non-US regional settings).
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 6/20/2004
- Added basic image editing (cropping, red-eye removal, contrast, brightness, etc).
- Fixed several thumbnail refresh problems.
- Fixed archive restore problem with multiple keywords.
- Removed RAW camera support and moved into separate setup.
- Fixed problem with revert to original.
- Improved file name checking when using the ISO option during archiving. FotoAlbum now checks that you specified a valid iso name and extension.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 6/9/2004
- Fixed bug (unable to double click on image after dragging).
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 6/8/2004
- Added shopping to FotoAlbum
- Fixed serious problem with drag/drop (when cancelling out of move)
- Improved ISO creation (filename problems).
- Added preference to control Canon Raw image method.
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 5/1/2004
- Added a new Archive Maint Screen
- Updated Canon CRW DLL's to support newer cameras.
- Fixed problem in Explore view (losing captions when moving pics)
- Fixed CD/DVD burning (problem with filenames with special characters).
- Fixed screen refresh problem where scrollbar position would change.
- Added ability to view Album properties when in read-only (CD) mode.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 4/6/2004
- Added quick import from folder (right-click on folder in Explore view)
- Added View->Refresh menu option (F5)
- Added ability to create singe root-level node when importing.
- Fixed bug importing (incorrectly added to all sub-groups).
- Added support for archive verify wizard to work with older index formats.
- Fixed cut/copy problems in the Explore view.
- Fixed bug not saving away filter "unassigned only".
- Fixed several other minor bugs.
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 3/22/2004
- Improved detecting of changed files and improved F5 (refresh).
- Improved registration process for subscribers.
- Added "Create subfolder" menu item to the Explore view.
- Fixed cut/copy/paste and rename menu items in the Explore view.
- Fixed random problem switching Picture Directory.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 3/14/2004
- Added ability to shrink images being put onto FotoCD's
- Improved file locking to allow multiple systems to access PicDirs (multiple editing not allowed)
- Improved shutdown logic to prevent lockups in certain cases.
- Fixed exported XML to be correct when certain characters exist (IE compatible)
- Several improvements/bug fixes with CD/DVD burning
- Added support for multiline captions in FotoShows
- Fixed problem selecting dates in the date selector.
- Fixed album syncing when editing album descriptions from the thumbnail view.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 3/5/2004
- Fixed problem display problems with re-ordering albums and custom views.
- Fixed CDR burning problems.
- Fixed an error message that occurred during upgrades.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 3/4/2004
- Fixed bug with CD-R media
- Fixed problem adding/editing Custom Views
- Fixed problem re-ordering albums or groups
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 3/3/2004
- Significantly improved performance throughout FotoAlbum (especially startup/shutdown). Easily handles 50,000+ pictures.
- Improvements to the CD/DVD burning in both FotoCD creation and archiving.
- Added caption support to the creation of FotoShows.
- Added new sort option "Sort by filepath". This allows grouping images by folder in the All view.
- Improved the Device view. Added auto-refreshing of media whenever changes occur.
- Improved the Explore view to auto-rescan any "missing" images.
- Improved the performance of the "Add To" dialog with a large # of albums/groups.
- Added thumbnail memory management which improves display depending on system resources.
- Fixed licensing problems on certain systems (unable to save Activation ID).
- Improved the "New" indicator on the Device view (rotated images no longer appear as New).
- Improved the layout of the status bar to better handle long filenames.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 12/23/2003
- Fixed problem with importing captions from certain cameras.
- Added support for Fuji RAF images.
- Changed default display method back to averaging (speeds up display)
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 12/11/2003
- Added a new borderless print option (for printers that support it)
- Fixed problem with FotoCD's (saving user information onto CD)
- Fixed GPF on Preference screen (when closing)
- Added ability to create folders in Explore mode (right-click on the thumbnail pane)
- Fixed rare problem in import/export and merging duplicates (Null Picture ID's)
- Improved selection of albums on Export and FotoCD (faster)
- Improved statistics on archiving removal wizard.
- Fixed problem with FotoShows not being able to save without Media Player 9
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 11/23/2003
- Fixed problem with Screen Saver on Windows 98
- Improved EXIF handling to better match EXIF 2.2 spec.
- Fixed problem creating FotoShow's (detecting correct version of DirectX)
- Fixed problem with thumbnail database location on Windows 98
- Added ability to restore multiple files at once (from backup files)
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 11/16/2003
- Improved activation and licensing (simplified and fixed problem when not connected to the Internet)
- Fixed Help on Preference Dialog
- Fixed problem producing WMV FotoShow's
- Fixed problem with Exporting when there are no albums
- Fixed problem dragging groups (when moving on top of the All node)
- Improved moving of groups between albums (moves appropriate pictures)
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 11/14/2003
- Fixed bug that caused exception on startup when DirectX 9 was not on your computer.
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 11/13/2003
- Our long awaited FotoAlbum Pro has now been released. You can learn more here.
- Added new FotoShow feature that lets you created an avi or wmv video from the pictures in an album. You can add background music to the video, and even select transitions between each picture.
- Added support for background music at the album level. The music now plays when running a slideshow in the full screen slideshow viewer.
- Added a duplicate picture finder. It can easily find and remove duplicate pictures, and can even merge the meta-data from the pictures you decide to remove to the ones you decide to keep.
- Added the ability to archive your photos. Once pictures are archived you can even choose to removed the full-size pictures from your computer, but still manage the thumbnails within FotoAlbum.
- Added import/export capabilities. You can export pictures, albums, meta-data, and much more. Uses the well supported csv format which is easily readable by Excel.
- Added ability to burn CDs directly from within FotoAlbum when archiving or creating a FotoCD. You no longer need to create an iso and use your own software to burn the iso.
- Improved the look of the thumbnail indicators.
- Improved support for EXIF. FotoAlbum can now not only import picture dates from EXIF but also captions. There is also a new wizard that lets you write your FotoAlbum picture dates and captions back into the EXIF of a picture.
- Enhanced filter dialog to support whole words only when searching through captions.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 3/30/2003
- Improved video display capabilities
- Updated help files
- Added preference to control auto-start of videos
- Fixed auto-rotation problem
- Fixed problem with auto-clock correction
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 2/21/2003
- Added support for JPEG2000 images.
- Added preference to control what mousewheel does.
- Added ability to save FotoCD to ISO file.
- Added ability to select albums or groups when creating FotoCD's.
- Devices can now specify filename format to use (including using EXIF dates)
- A new auto thumbnail size allows automatic sizing of thumbnails based upon viewable space.
- Hidden folders now appear in the Explorer view (based upon Windows setting).
- Amount of space used by all pictures is displayed in status (for selected album/group).
- Improved rendering of thumbnails from videos (now defaults to auto-create).
- Toolbars are now "locked" by default. Added preference to allow un-locking.
- Added preference to control display of pictures on screen saver (average colors).
- Fixed problem when dragging groups to other albums.
- Improved picture sequencing (manual ordering of pictures).
- Improved the "New" indicator on the Device view.
- Fixed problem where sending e-mail using default client would truncate text.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 11/23/2002
- Fixed problem with certain accounts not being able to sync.
- Fixed problem with background color sometimes set to yellow.
- Improved ability to sync with ad-blocking software
- Fixed bug with read-only pictures on full screen viewer
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 11/13/2002
- Fixed problem with certain accounts not being able to sync
- Fixed problem allowing date selector to use entire width.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 11/11/2002
- Fixed problem with locked files (thumbnails not appearing)
- Added custom views (saved filters)
- Improved FotoCD support including saving of preferences
- Added keyword history to the filter dialog and multi-picture properties
- Added preference to control display size on full screen
- Changed mouse wheel to move between pictures on full screen (shift-wheel changes zoom)
- Added ability to use "average color" algorithm when displaying full screen
- Added mini-toolbar to control videos from preview window
- Improved file management (auto-copying based upon CRC)
- Added support for WMV and ASF video file types
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 9/4/2002
- Added keyword history
- Added sorting and filtering by filetype
- Added display/change of published property on the full screen viewer
- Fixed occassional lockup on exit
- Several bug fixes dealing with videos
- Improved printer dialog and improved support for network printers
- Added auto-saving of last album viewed (restarts in same album/group)
- Fixed bug with end-date on filter dialog (randomly changing)
- Improved time estimate when uploading compressed images
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 8/14/2002
- Added thumbnail creation for videos (must rebuild thumbnails)
- Improved account settings screen to allow changing of e-mail if inactive
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 8/9/2002
- Added option when published pictures are removed.
- Fixed problem with sync (downloading files)
- Fixed problem with certain images (EXIF data)
- Fixed several Canon CRW problems
- Improved support for 2-way sync for bad filenames
- Added check to prevent non-saved caption entry
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 8/1/2002
- Added option to handle removed published pictures.
- Fixed problem with 2-way sync retrieving pictures.
- Fixed problem with e-mail address book.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 7/27/2002
- Improved E-mail capabilities including adding address book support and native e-mail client.
- Improved the Print dialog and added better support for contact sheet and wallet printing
- Added ability to set a default compression level (Sync Prefs)
- Improved the reliability of the sync logic (fixed several bugs)
- Added an Index Maintenance screen that validates/fixes index data (under File->Maintenance Tasks)
- Added support for partial dates on the filter dialog
- Added display of disk space used by selected pictures (in the status bar)
- Added HTTP logging and help screen for Sync problems.
- Changed the FotoCD option to prevent accidental erasing of temporary folder.
- Improved the Account Maintenance Screen to handle error conditions better.
- Fixed bug that caused reordering of pictures to not work sometimes.
- Fixed bug displaying partial dates (if ended in "00").
- Fixed bug with Clear button on the Device View (would remove picture from album)
- Fixed problem with "Select New" button on the device view.
- Fixed problem with the display location of the Options popup menu on the full screen.
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 5/20/2002
- Added account wizard to help manage account settings
- Fixed problem where thumbnails weren't being rebuilt if image was changed
- Added a menu option to quickly set the web sort order
- Added an account status screen to show you a summary of your account
- Added back the "Select New" button in the device view
- Fixed problem in Explore view that caused the current selected folder to change
- Improved error handling during shutdown (prevents lockup)
- Added the center-mouse button dragging capability in the Full Screen viewer
- Fixed problem with large fonts (serveral screens)
- Fixed problem with manual sequencing of pictures in the "All Pictures"
- Fixed problem entering apostrophes in the album caption
- Fixed problem using the restore Indexfile option
FotoAlbum 220.127.116.11 - 4/25/2002
- Fixed screen saver problem (displayed just a black screen)
- Added a Web Preferences option under the "Web" main menu item. This allows easy configuration of your web account.
- Fixed problem with web compression settings sometimes not being saved away.
FotoAlbum 18.104.22.168 - 4/24/2002
- Improved 2-way sync (fixed bugs dealing with compressed pictures and ordering of pictures)
- Added quick filter and clear filter buttons
- Enhanced the capabilities of Twain devices
- Improved numbering scheme for scanned images (2 digits)
- The view large buttons option is now saved & restored
- Add support for "Home" and "End" keys for thumbnail navigation
- Improved the date/time selector (shows entire range)
- Fixed problem with "AppLayout" file being saved in wrong location
FotoAlbum 22.214.171.124 - 4/16/2002
- Fixed bug with sync incorrectly linking pictures and updating picture dates.
- Setting of compression using the Multi-Picture properties wasn't working.
- Fixed.. position of the Picture Preview window was being saved.
- Improved support for Canon G2 Raw images
- Fixed .. changes made to album order wasn't detected
- Fixed .. changes made to picture properties in the full screen viewer weren't detected
- Improved the saving/changing of proxy settings
- Improved account limit logic (allows download of albums even if limit exceeded)
- Fixed the Resend E-mail button on the sync dialog
- Finalized documentation for 3.0.
- Added warning for setting picture folder to a removable device
FotoAlbum 3.0 - 4/8/2002
- New OfficeXP style user interface that gives FotoAlbum a more up-to-date look. Allows you to drag the toolbars/menubars around or even hide them.
Some of the option menus like thumbnail size can be torn off and float anywhere on your screen.
You can hide or show any toolbar.
- Complete 2-way sync that allows you to maintain albums from multiple PCs.
You can modify your albums from any number of PC's and/or our website and
changes will propagate to any/all PC's. This is VERY powerful.
- Combined the scanner and camera views into a single view. We are going
to be adding WIA support very soon which will add support for a lot more
devices. In the short term, we handle all TWAIN devices and removable
drives. In the short term, we removed support for Native Kodak drivers.
- Support for Videos. We now support AVI's, MPEG's, and MOV's (we will be
supporting all types that the Windows Media Player handles). We currently
do not allow syncing these to the website (but will once we figure out the
- Rotate/Flip options can now work on multiple pictures at one time.
- Ability to control exactly where albums show up (you can force them to
stay on the PC only, on the website only or both). This allows greater
control of whether albums should appear on the website.
- The ability to cycle through pictures on the picture properties screen (allows easy editing of many pictures).
- Added a new tab on the picture properties screen that shows exactly what albums/groups a picture belongs (and allows removal from these).
- Ability to specify whether pictures should be compressed when sent to the
website (on a per picture basis).
- The customize thumbnails screen now has more options. You can now control the background color of the thumbnails as well as the 3-D effects.
- Improved slideshow screen. Controls now take less room on screen giving you more room for your pictures.
- Improved support for the windows large font setting.
- New wizards make the sync process and the "Set Picture Folder" option easier to use.
- Improved date filter control now auto expands to take up rest of room on toolbar.
- Improved thumbnail caching. Now thumbnails are cached on a per/system
basis (instead of each picture folder). This reduces the need to rebuild
thumbnails. In addition, we store a CRC value for each picture that is used
to determine if/when a picture has changed. The CRC value will also allow us
to provide duplicate picture detection/elimination in an upcoming version.
- Better support for Canon raw files.
FotoAlbum 126.96.36.199 - 9/10/2001
- Added support for using embedded picture date for file/folder naming (from camera).
- Fixed problem copying pictures from camera (when prior pictures were removed).
- Fixed error that sometimes occurred when terminating a Sync operation.
- Added support for Cut/Copy/Paste in the album/group caption.
- Fixed error that sometimes caused a warning to display when dragging published pictures around.
- Updated documentation to reflect all new features.
FotoAlbum 188.8.131.52 - 8/18/2001
- Added support for Canon Raw pictures (CRW).
- Added display of Album and group descriptions.
- Improved album and group reordering (more consistent and easier).
- Fixed bug displaying amount of free space over 4GB.
- Fixed bug in copying/moving files when replace dialog was displayed (EOleSysError).
FotoAlbum 184.108.40.206 - 8/6/2001
- Added transitions to screen saver and full screen viewer .
- Allow reodering manual sequence by date, filesize and filename .
- Added Polyimage2 support.
- Fixed bug with Copy when in read-only mode.
- Fixed help file problem with 2 topics.
- Fix bugs when syncing and web server goes away.
FotoAlbum 2.5 - 7/24/2001
- Added a dockable Picture Preview window.
- Improved the speed and reliabiltiy of the Explorer view.
- Increased limit of all descriptions to 16KB.
- Explorer view now opens into last viewed folder.
- Improved sequencing of pictures when dates are the same.
FotoAlbum 2.4.4 - 6/19/2001
- Added back the popup menu on the full screen (accidentally removed in 2.4.3).
- Improved error handling logic when problem with updating index files.
- Fixed problem renaming a file with only case changes.
FotoAlbum 2.4.3 - 6/10/2001
- Fixed problem where Full Screen viewer would sometimes display an empty (gray) screen.
- Elminated Index Corruption problem (Thumbnail file is opened as read-only until changes are saved).
- Got rid of random GPF when trying to SetFocus (sometimes SetFocus would fail).
- Added more exception handling when connecting to camera.
- Fixed problem where camera view was not saving thumbnails correctly.
FotoAlbum 2.4.2 - 6/3/2001
- Descriptions of albums, groups and picture captions can now be very long (1024 characters)
- CD autorun has been improved (including ability to just run FotoView from the CD)
- Manual ordering of pictures on the All view now displays according to manual sort of each album
- Improved date support for international date formats
- Fixed ability to cancel out of sync caused by auto-retry logic
FotoAlbum 2.4.1 - 5/15/2001
- Added HotKey to start/stop slideshow on the Full Screen slideshow (CTRL-S)
- Added auto-retry support for syncing pictures (handles minor Internet connection problems)
- Now FotoAlbum produces an optimized thumbnail database when creating a FotoCD
FotoAlbum 2.4 - 4/28/2001
- Added binary file format (faster on saving/loading)
- Added support for scanning multiple pictures at once (thumbnail view)
- Added ability to set compression level when scanning
- Added ability to filter by filenames
- Added ability to sort by sequence on the all view.
- Added ablility to define shortcuts for tools.
- Added ability to set caption equal to filename (on multiple pictures)
- Added ability to handle dates earlier than 1900
- Added ability for FotoCD's to autorun slideshow
- Keeps track of last scanner used
- Fixed display of partial dates on tooltips and captions
- Fixed filtering by pictures not in albums on the Explorer view
- Several Explorer view fixes (including unable to shutdown with FotoAlbum running).
- Fixed problem with toolbar not auto-hiding after viewing a picture
FotoAlbum 2.3.4 - 3/8/2001
- Fixed random bug when clicking on thumbnails.
- Added logging of errors and better ability to track problems.
- Improved version checking to reduce problems with DownloadPics.
- Improved install program to better detect required components.
- Improved upload pefformance (better load-balancing when pictures are uploaded)
FotoAlbum 2.3.2 - 2/15/2001
- Eliminated problem with certain systems locking up.
- Save position of the slider for the Album Tree and Explorer Tree.
- Improved version checking to reduce problems with DownloadPics
- Improved CD creation (reduces problems with drive change and other security improvements).
- Fixed bug when adding and reordering albums (display of button).
- Fix random problem when manually reordering pictures.
FotoAlbum 2.3 - 1/30/2001
- Added ability to convert to JPEG and/or resize pictures before sending to FotoTime server.
- Documentation now updated to include all new features.
- Improved ability to handle read-only picture folders.
- Added ability to break out of long e-mail transfers.
- Improved sync logic to only send pictures that absolutely require it.
FotoAlbum 2.2 - 1/23/2001
- Added e-mail capability to easily send e-mail with attached pictures.
- Added ability to run on an NT system without being administrator.
- Several bug fixes associated with Kodak DCS format.
- Fixed problem with certain keystrokes not working.
FotoAlbum 2.1 - 1/14/2001
- Added ablility to start/stop slideshow from right-click menu.
- Date selector now shows only dates for currently selected album or group.
- Screen saver now uses max scaling factor preference from FotoAlbum.
- Improved the dragging of folders in explorer.
- Fixed: problems with certain images with invalid dates, shutter speeds, or exposure values.
- Fixed: status bar now shows picture date.
- Fixed: "A" key now toggles the album tree.
- Fixed: problems with Alt-F4, up/down arrows, and other key navigation problems.
FotoAlbum 2.0 - 1/3/2001
- Major improvements to graphics capabilities (now using PolyImage which is the same engine used by Polyview).
- new filetypes
- Improved ALL view that shows all albums in an optional tree.
- Complete OLE Drag and Drop support (including in/out of other applications or Windows Explorer)
- Fully functional Explorer view (including ability to add/rename/delete folders). Added filtering capabilities and a thumbnail cache to improve performance.
- Completely customizable thumbnail display (user defined sizes and display options)
- Many new display preferences including customizable tooltips for thumbnails
- Improved Detail screen including status bar, configurable display of toolbar and zoom in/out capabilities.
- Improved performance and ability to easily handle over 10,000 pictures.
- New keyword support including ability to easily add/remove keywords on multiple pictures at once.
- Additional sort capabilities (added filesize and ability to sort ascending/descending)
- Ability to drag groups to other albums.
- Ability to easily set or restore the Windows Wallpaper
- Improved printing with dramatically reduced spool file sizes
- New "Locate in Explorer" capability.
FotoAlbum 1.15 - 9/4/2000
- Enhanced the Explorer View to provide complete image file and folder management
- Deleting folders or files uses the Windows Recycle Bin
- Added ability to easily set picture dates to file dates (using the multi-picture properties)
- Added auto-caption support to allow quick data-entry of many captions
- Provided a quick way to view your web account after syncing
- Fixed several minor bugs and improved error messages
FotoAlbum 1.14 - 8/19/2000
- Added context sensitive help to FotoAlbum which documents all features.
- Improved the FotoAlbum CD generatation to better handle drive letter changes.
- Added the ability to reorder groups within an album.
- Added maintenance tasks in the file menu. You can now compress your index file and rebuild all thumbnails.
- Fixed several bugs including random lockup problems when using explorer mode, and color problems when scanning.
FotoAlbum 1.12 - 6/18/2000
- Ability to create a CD image for easy archiving of your pictures to CD.
- Casio camera driver for QV3000
- Camera driver for cameras that interface with Windows by creating a virtual drive (drive letter) within explorer
- Preference to set background color for slideshow screen. Other preferences to hide toolbar and captions on slideshow screen.
- Preference to make albums non-recursive. (Only show pictures in currently selected group/album).
- Added "Extra-Large" display option for thumbnails.
- Support for all papers sizes when printing.
- Selection of pictures now works more like explorer.
- Faster start up time.
FotoAlbum 1.1 - 5/12/2000
- Ability to control the order pictures are displayed for each album. Three sorts have been added including picture date, file name, and user controlled sort order (drag and drop support).
- Better EXIF support including displaying all tags with complete detail.
- Additional preferences for control over the display of captions.
- Fixed bugs in screen saver and FotoAlbum.
- Support for Casio uncompressed TIFF that QV3000 creates!!!
FotoAlbum 1.10 - 4/22/2000
- FotoAlbum now displays full EXIF information for JPEGs.
- Better internet connectivity when syncing FotoAlbum with the web. There is a new preference screen for proxy setup that lets you override the proxy settings configured from the browser. We now also support Windows Sockets, the same sockets used by Internet Explorer. If you have been having proxy problems, try the Windows Sockets option.
- Faster loading of big non-jpeg images.
- Ability to add captions to groups as well as albums. The web now display the captions above the thumbnails.
- Better support for sync-ing pictures from more than one machine.
FotoAlbum 1.9 - 4/1/2000
- You can now edit multiple pictures at once (date, caption, etc)
- Captions can be easily set on the full screen mode.
- There is a shortcut to the properties screen on the full screen mode.
- Improved caching of pictures on the full screen mode.
- Screen saver now has a random mode.
- You can now filter pictures by keywords in the captions.
- Cropping now works better when printing
- Other minor bug fixes.